I know it’s old, but it can´t really be repeated too often:
1. I wish I had had the courage to live the life I wanted, not the one others expected me to.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked too hard
3. I wish I had had the courage to express my feelings
4. I wish I had the maintained contact to my friends
5. I wish I had allowed myself to be more happy!
As opposed to my grandparents’ generation, people of my generation have had the choice and chance to do many of the things we want. I am thus not sure that the nr. 1 reason will be the same on our deathbeds. I suppose nr. 2 will still be very relevant, along with “I wish I had spent more time with my family” and “I wish I had spent less time online”…..